Thursday, February 8, 2007

Ack! A Monster!

I have an assortment of little items on my desk here at work. There is a Virgin Mary, a man kneeled over with his face in his hands (the image of sin at work), a dragon, a funny monster, a koosh-like ball, an angel bunny, Rufus the naked mole rat from Kim Possible, some silk flowers, a mouse pad made for me by my daughter, and a little purple bug to attract bugs out of the software I write.

Yesterday, I noticed that the funny monster - whose tongue is sticking out of his mouth - appears to be licking the back of the Virgin Mary's head. It cracked me up. Here is a picture from my cameraphone (hereafter to be referred to as the CrapCam, ala Dave Barry) of the monster licking Mary:

That's the funniest thing I've seen this week, and I think one of the funniest things I've ever seen. We're all part of God's Creation, right? And I'm sure Mary would let the family dog lick her. Why shouldn't a big, funny-looking, blue monster give her an affectionate lick?

BTW: I have not moved Mary or the monster yet. They make me chuckle whenever I look over at them.