Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Five: Whatcha doin'?

From RevGalBlogPals comes this week's Friday Five:

Well friends, this is one of those weeks when I simply must work today, which is normally my day off. I know, I know. We may tut-tut all we want, but the fact is, some weeks are like that. So, this week's F5 is simple.

Name five things you plan to do today.

Bonus: If today is about "have-to" for you as well, share up to five things you'd like to be doing today.
Well, I'm not a professional Christian who only works one day a week, so I have to work every Friday.

Hey - I'm JUST KIDDING - stop hitting me! Ouch! That hurts!

Okay, seriously now. Five things I plan to do today include...
  1. Having an MRI of my shoulder this afternoon. I haven't had this fun experience before, but my daughter's had three. I'm not dreading it, but not exactly looking forward to it either. (Silly story: when I pre-registered, they asked me about three times if I'm claustrophobic. I answered no, but perhaps a more accurate response would have been, "I can't be sure; I've never really tested that question.")
  2. Finishing my brochures. I'm playing Irish music on my flute at the Norfolk Botanical Garden tomorrow. This is not a paying gig, as I'm a Garden volunteer, but I'm planning to use it as a marketing opportunity. I designed a trifold brochure, paid a pretty penny for some nice, thick, glossy brochure paper, and have been printing them out in small batches. With the print quality set to "Best," each one takes a while to print. So I tend to set 10 fronts printing, then come back in an hour to feed them back in to print the backs,...
  3. Recalibrating my revenue forecast. Of course, I need information from other teams, so I may not be able to get this done today.
  4. Going to a free Carbon Leaf concert at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront tonight... IF the weather looks okay. That's a big IF, because the one-word description I keep hearing for today's weather is DOWNPOURS. My idea of a lovely evening is not sitting outside, in the cold, dark, blustery, downpour and listening to a band play from underneath a shelter. Maybe I've just turned into an old fuddy-duddy, though.
  5. Clean the hedgehog cage. This may not sound like a lot of fun, but it's a regular weekly chore that I rather enjoy. I flip on the radio in the kitchen to the classical station, and then take Angel out and put her in her Critter Ball so she can tool around freely while I work. I take everything out of her cage to be washed and sanitized. I remove the bedding from the bottom level, wipe out the floor, and replace the bedding. I get all the stuff put back into her cage and refill her food and water, usually setting out some treats for her. Then I take Angel out of her critter ball and give her a warm bath, maybe trim her little toenails. She enjoys her bath, and is her most personable and cuddly afterward. I dry her off as much as I can in a towel, and then wrap her up in a blankie for some serious cuddle time.
If I had my druthers, I would instead be spending this cold, blustery, downpour-y day doing the following:
  1. Sitting in my recliner, dressed in sweats, with a blanket wrapped around me.
  2. Drinking cocoa or Earl Grey
  3. Listening to beautiful music
  4. Reading my book
  5. And probably checking email and reading blogs, too.
I hope you all have a productive and meaningful day, whether you have to work or not.