Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Grumbly Tuesday

Yesterday was a busy but productive day at work. I came home, with plans to work for about an hour on a task and then to work on some homework for class. Alas, God had other plans... My daughter was feeling really icky, so I took her to the doctor. After two hours at the doctor's office, we came home with a diagnosis of "maxillary sinus infection" and a bottle of augmentin. She's staying home from school today, and I'm telecommuting to be with her. She's having an unfortunate reaction to the antibiotic, but I understand that usually passes in a day or two. In the meantime, she's getting lots of rest, homemade smoothies, and TLC.

This is not what I'm thankful for. Last night, in our two hours at the doctor's office, Becca and I got really bored and really sleepy. Since we spend time playing on the Horrible Haiku blog, we've begin automatically noticing which phrases have 5 or 7 syllables. And last night, as we waited (and waited and waited), we started conversing in haiku. It was fun and silly and goofy and wonderful. I love my girl, and even though she was sick and we both had places we would rather have been last night, I treasured that wonderfully silly, fun, goofy time with her.

I'm also thankful for the welcome from RevGalBlogPals, and all the lovely people who stopped by yesterday. It was great to see you, and I appreciate your messages in the comments section. I'll be by to visit each of you (if I haven't been already). Thank you!