Thursday, March 15, 2007

Test, test, test!

Following a link on one of the blogs I frequent, I took an extended personality test this morning that is supposed to reveal your enneagram, and Jungian personality type.

The results are...

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.
Take Free Jung Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com
The individual results were:
Introverted (I) 70.27% Extroverted (E) 29.73%
Intuitive (N) 55.56% Sensing (S) 44.44%
Feeling (F) 53.85% Thinking (T) 46.15%
Judging (J) 72.73% Perceiving (P) 27.27%

This was not a surprise to me. The N/S and F/T vectors have always been very close for me, and I was amused to see the I and J be as low as they were, because they're usually over 90%. Maybe I'm getting better at moving out of my comfort zone.


I was surprised to see the enneagram result:

Enneagram Test Results
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 80%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||||| 56%
Type 4 Sensitivity |||||||||||||| 53%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 33%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 56%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 53%
Your main type is 1
Your variant is social
Take Free Enneagram Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com


These surprised me because I've always come out as a 3. At one point the scores indicated a 2-wing, but a later test came up with a 4-wing, which is much more uncomfortably close to reality. I remember the first time I tested as a 3. The test was in a book whose author is known to be un-fond of 3s, and her description ticked me off so bad I physically threw the book across the room. Now, if you know me, you know that books just aren't treated that way in my presence, so for me to throw the book, you know I was ticked off. Anyway, I am very much a perfectionist, so that description isn't inaccurate. I'll have to do some reading and introspection to see how I feel about this result.