Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Busy Week

I'm not sure how well I'll keep up with the blog this week. Life continues to be crazy, and this week I'm in northern Virginia at the monthly Program Management Review. Since I'm responsible for reporting revenue, I get to spend three days in a conference room with managers in the room, on the phone, and on the web conference, reviewing budgets and profit/loss statements, and reporting on trends and forecasts and new accomplishments over the month. What joy! What fun! What... oh, who am I kidding? You already know I'm an introvert! But I know this is one of those things that is Good For Me, and I do actually enjoy it, even though it exhausts me. Right now I'm listening to my second conference call of the day, and have been answering questions from various directions all afternoon.

I'm also becoming very aware of the marks that all the busy-ness and stress have been leaving on my body. Yes, the shoulder has its issues, and the pain flares worse when I'm stressed. I also have a muscle spasming at my left jawline, causing pain, ringing, and a full sensation in that ear. There's a muscle spasm going on in my left hip joint, which hurts when I sit too long or stand in funny positions. And yesterday, the muscle across the back of my skull started to spasm as well. Yes, not only is there a muscle across the back of your skull, but it can cause excruciating pain when it spasms! I experienced this a few years ago, was diagnosed with intractable migraine, and given all sorts of injections and pills before finally getting a massage. So on arrival in northern Virginia, first thing after setting up my laptop, I found a nearby massage therapy center and called in desperation for an appointment. I can't WAIT.

Tomorrow, I have two exciting things on my schedule. First, I'm meeting DaddyRob for lunch, and then at dinner, I'm meeting several friends from Magdalen and OSM. I'm very excited about both! I think this will make seven online friends whom I've never before met - plus one I've met exactly once, about eight years ago - all in one big day. And those discussions should be much more interesting than all the leveraging and utilizing and facilitating in the conference room all day. :-)