Monday, May 14, 2007

Rosy Red Cheeks, Joyful Smile

When I came downstairs yesterday morning, I found this poem hung on the wall for me, from my son. (Lest my daughter feel left out, she had made me a heart keychain from beads, but I don't have a photo of it to post.)


Rosy Red Cheeks, Joyful Smile

It's Mothers' Day,
And I forgot to get something!
I hope Mom
Won't be too mad.
I don't like to disappoint her,
And her frown makes me sad.
Oh no!
Here she comes!
Look at her face,
As she comes down the stairs.
Rosy Red Cheeks,
And Joyful smile.
I know what to do for her,
and I know she will be glad.



Today, as every day, I am thankful for my children. They are quite a gift, entrusted to my hands by God, and I pray every day that I can live up to that trust and not mess them up too badly. :-) I shared with a friend recently that we are all messed up by our parents, despite their best and most loving efforts. And we all mess up our own children, though usually not in the ways we expect. But despite all the messiness, I love my mom, and I love my kids, and I know that love is shared.