Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

For your listening pleasure, I offer you the Prelude on How Can I Keep from Singing? composed by me, and performed at last night's worship service at Old Donation Episcopal Church by myself and our organist.

This morning has been a beautiful one here in Virginia Beach. I was awake at 5am, so I got my grocery shopping taken care of. Unfortunately, I hadn't turned off my alarm clock, so it awoke my poor daughter, who then couldn't get back to sleep either. We went down to the oceanfront, since it's so warm this morning - until the cold front comes through this afternoon and drops our temperature about 30 degrees F - and Becca waded in the surf and collected pretty shell fragments and rocks while I look lots of photographs. Even better, we saw not one but TWO rainbows in the northern sky this morning. It was amazing.

We're having beef stew for supper tonight - and of all things, Taco Bell has been requested at lunchtime today - and have plans for nice meals later in the weekend. Slow-cooked pork barbeque is on the menu for Saturday's supper, and Sunday will be a full turkey dinner at my parents' house. So even though we didn't make our trip to Baltimore, we're still going to have a great holiday weekend, just us girls.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that, no matter where in the world you are, you find at least one thing to feel thankful for today.