Thursday, March 1, 2007

Happily Thankful

After two full months of incredible pain in my shoulders, I went to physical therapy this morning. I worked through the exercises, pretty much like I have been twice a week for the last six weeks. I wasn't paying close attention to the sensation, but I did notice that while the exercises pretty fully fatigued the joints and muscles, they weren't causing pain. And as I walked out of the building, my back straight, shoulders back, and head high, I smiled because I felt good. It's a nice feeling, and I'm thankful for it.

I also saw my first blue jay of 2007 through the window this morning while I was using the hand-bike. The sky was pink and purple and deep blue, and I saw motion in the bare tree. I focused my eyes intently on the tree, made out the bird, recognized it as a blue jay, and grinned like a goof. I was glad that nobody was looking at me, so that I didn't have to explain it.

Happy March!