Friday, April 27, 2007

Checking out my stats

Just for kicks (and because I'm a data geek), I check out the Google Analytics statistics for this blog. I had never seen anything that surprised me before, but today there were three search strings that brought visitors here, that made me smile. They were:

  • piccolo church back pew jokes
  • why does growing up suck
  • the psychology behind the blankie
Well. I think I would enjoy jokes about a piccolo in the back pew of a church, but I am stumped at the thought of composing one. The suckiness of growing up is something I have indeed blogged, but it surprised me to see that question as a search string. And the blankie one? I think I've used the word blankie when posting about my hedgehog, and maybe when talking about snuggling up with a good book and cup of hot chocolate on a rainy day. But I couldn't answer you on the psychology. I was also surprised to see that somebody actually clicked through to my blog after a search on ergonomist. They were probably pretty disappointed!

I've had visitors from 31 states (including DC) and ten other countries, and I see that the RevGals and MadPriest are sending lots of visitors my way.

So a big welcome to everyone who stop by! And thank you to those of you who have linked or bookmarked me. It's great to have you here, and I hope you'll leave a comment to say hi. I wish you joy and blessings.