Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Five: Potato, Po-tah-to Edition

Today's Friday Five on RevGals is a fun one. Of course, being an Anglican, there are some I can't answer either/or, because I must take the via media. But there are others on which I have a distinct preference. So here we go...


1. Mac? (woo-hoo!) or PC? (boo!)
Why yes, the Friday Five author reserves the right to editorialize!

Well, I use a PC, but I'd really like a nice, sexy Linux box. :-)


2. Pizza: Chicago style luscious hearty goodness, or New York floppy and flaccid?

This one depends on my mood... sometimes I like the deep dish, and sometimes I like a really thin, crispy crust. So I'll have to take the middle road on this one... again!


3. Brownies/fudge containing nuts:
a) Good. I like the variation in texture.
b) An abomination unto the Lord. The nuts take up valuable chocolate space.

I love nuts (Okay, stop giggling! I know I never grew up past about 13, but I thought that you had!), and I love good walnuts or pecans in brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Fudge tends to be too rich for me these days, but I looooooooooove peanut butter fudge. Yum!


4. Do you hang your toilet paper so that the "tail" hangs flush with the wall, or over the top of the roll like normal people do?

Definitely over the top like normal people. It may be the only normal thing about me! :-)


5. Toothpaste: Do you squeeze the tube wantonly in the middle, or squeeze from the bottom and flatten as you go just like the tube instructs?

This is a neverending source of frustration and fun in my household, because I'm apparently the only one who reads the directions. :-) So I go around, "fixing" the toothpaste tubes so that they're properly flattened from the bottom, and they all look at me like I'm crazy.


Bonus: Share your favorite either/or.

Okay, some fun ones...
  • Morning person vs. night owl? Morning person, definitely. But, when I'm not getting enough sleep, I'm cranky all the time.
  • Red Sox vs. Yankees? No: Phillies. Philadelphia was the only place I've lived (discounting New Orleans, because the Saints really don't count) that had pro sports, and they have NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL. So even though I don't really follow sports, my ears perk up when I hear the name of a Philadelphia team.
  • Spike or snakebelly? I'm leaning more toward high church lately, as much as it can be found in southern Virginia. Those high church touches really feed me these days.
  • Creamy vs. crunchy? Crunchy. But it's not a ditch I'll die in, so there's usually just creamy on hand. I just sometimes get the craving for that crunchy goodness.
  • Hot or cold? I would always always always rather be too chilly than too hot. I like snuggling up in sweaters and blankets, but heat makes me wilt. Heat plus the nasty humidity we get here is just miserable.
This was a fun play! Thank you, ReverendMother!